Thursday, February 25, 2016

God's protection in Namibia

So if any of you have been in contact with our prayer chains this is old news to you.....but I didn't post it all till now for two reasons. One I didn't want to scare my family while we are so far away and we wanted to make sure all was well. We "met" a zebra spitting cobra..... first hand the second day at our hunting safari! Elie and I were just running back to our chalet to change into cooler clothes and out of our camo hunting gear from our first hike. We didn't realize it but we probably had walked by it going in and on our way out it fell from an open window to the sidewalk right beside our feet!

 I pushed Elie to my left and we ran I looked back in a few steps to see the snake's raised head and the tell tale hood of a cobra! In a few more yards Elie stared yelling that she had sand in her eye I took a quick peek and couldn't see anything. When we got to the lodge and described it the owner, Kobus and his wife Annette, were immediately asking us to describe it and got milk which they poured in her eye to wash out the poison. While we weren't really sure all the signs pointed to as they call it a zebra snake and they explained that they spit. Kobus said 9 out of 10 times they are perfectly accurate up to 8 feet away! We were much closer than that! Now after the fact we think he was resting there and the maid saw drops on the window pane that most likely were his venom. What I also haven said is that we are VERY remote! It is an hour drive to the next town but to be safe Kobus flew us in his plane. An 18 minute flight where they flushed her eye, gave her drops of streriods and antibiotic ointment. They also put a patch over her eye and told us if it was blurry at all in the next 24 hours we should have to fly immediately to Windhoek. It was scary but afterwards I know I was truely being comforted by God! I just knew she would be ok. At one point I reminded her that the apostle Paul was bitten and God protected him. Her reply was " I'm not Paul!". Bless her heart she was in a lot of pain and very scared! She really was brave and it was amazing how quickly she improved. She is perfectly fine now! The next post will be all about our amazing hunts and our new friends Kobus and Annette Honiball from Africa Thirstland Safari!
Sorry photos won't upload on my iPad! 😢

No comments:

Post a Comment